Sell A Business
Selling your business is a major decision! You have devoted your time, money, and energy into building, running, and operating your business. It may well represent your life’s work. If you have already decided that now is the right time to sell, you want the very best professional guidance you can get. This is when working in tandem with a professional business broker can make the difference between just getting rid of the business and selling it for the very best price and terms!
Following are some of the most common topics and questions frequently brought up by sellers. If you have any questions that we have not covered, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
*Insider Tip: It doesn’t make any difference what you think your business is worth, or what you want for it. It also doesn’t make any difference what your accountant banker, attorney, or best friend thinks your business is worth. Only the marketplace can decide what the value of your business is.
The persistently weak regional and national economic climate has created a buyers’ market for small privately held businesses and offers great opportunities to business owners with the drive and determination to expand their operations.
Call us now at 631-710-8478 to learn more.
- Three years’ profit and loss statements
- Federal Income Tax returns for the business
- List of fixtures and equipment
- The lease and lease-related documents
- A list of the loans against the business (amounts and payment schedule)
- Copies of any equipment leases
- A copy of the franchise agreement, if applicable
- An approximate amount of the inventory on hand, if applicable
- The names of any outside advisors
- The desire to buy a business
- The need and urgency to buy a business
- The financial resources
- The ability to make his or her own decisions
- Reasonable expectations of what business ownership can do for him or her
- How much money is required to buy the business?
- What is the annual increase in sales?
- How much is the inventory?
- What is the debt?
- Will the seller train and stay on for awhile?
- What makes the business different/special/unique?
- What further defines the product or service? Bid work? Repeat business?
- What can be done to grow the business?
- What can the buyer do to add value?
- What is the profit picture in bad times as well as good?
For your free Consultation, call to discuss your FINANCING needs TODAY!
HABEEB CAPITAL LLC
Call Now For A Free Consultation
380 Townline RD
Hauppauge NY 11788